Pages

BizTalk : How To : Call .Net Component inside Biztalk mapper using XSLT call template PART 2

Wednesday, March 27, 2013
post by  Richard Seroter

A problem I mentioned was that the member variable in the class that the map was calling seemed to be getting shared amongst execution instances. Each map creates a sequential page number in the XSLT and puts it into the destination XML. However, I’d see output where the first message had pages “1..3..5..7..8″ and the second message had pages “2..4..6..9.” Very strange. I thought I fixed the problem, but it surfaced today in our Test environment.
So, I set out to keep everything local to the map and get rid of external assembly calls. After banging my head for a few minutes, I came up the perfect solution. I decided to mix inline script with inline XSLT. “Madness” you say? I built a small test scenario. The map I constructed looks like this:
In the first Scripting functoid, I have “inline C#” selected, and I created a global variable. I then have a function to increment that variable and return the next number in sequence.
Did you know that you could have “global variables” in a map? Neat stuff. If I check out the XSLT that BizTalk generates for my map, I can see my function exposed as such:
Now I know how to call this within my XSLT! The second Scripting functoid’s inline XSLT looks like this:

Notice that I can call the C# method written in the previous functoid with this code:
<xsl:value-of select=”userCSharp:GetPageNumber()”/>
The “prefix” is the auto-generated one from the XSLT. Now, all the calculations are happening locally within the map, and not relying on outside components. The result of this map is a document that looks like this:
There you go. Using global variables within a BizTalk map and calling a C# function from within the XSLT itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Comment...